If you are thinking about attending the HP Universe 2010 in Washington DC, please find below an other reason why you should!
Westbury will perform a hands-on training for all HP ServiceCenter or HP Service Manager people working on reporting, regardless of the BI tool you are using.
Please register for the event and training at:
A practical approach to operational reporting from HP Service Manager and HP Service Center
(Monday afternoon) 1pm – 5pm
Attend this class and hear from Richard Verburg and David Van Heusden about the HP Service Manager reporting options. You’ll also gain practical insight into how you can access data from HP Service Manager. Specific topics will include:
- The importance of ITSM reporting from HP Service Manager, and the need for an iterative approach
- Steps involved in the reporting process, from requirements gathering to the distribution of completed reports
- HP Service Manager reporting options, from dashboards to generic reporting technologies to point solutions
- Data storage and access
- HP Service Manager data challenges such as array fields (e.g. clocks, journals), CLOBS and BLOBS
- Hands-on exercises for defining, building, and running reports
- Tips on how and where to zoom into reports for added value